HostGator Reviews Uk : Pros & Cons of Using HostGator
The next web hosting we are going to talk about is HostGator. It was founded in 2002, and since then it has grown constantly, and currently, it has over 8 million domains hosted with them. HostGator has mainly focused on providing quality services even for the shared WordPress hosting uk plans too, and it has helped them to become of the biggest companies for web hosting in the world.
Currently, HostGator has 850+ employees working with them to make sure you won’t face any kind of issue with their hosting. They offer great customer support, and this thing helps them stand among their competitors. Let’s see the pros and cons to make sure if it is the best option for you.
- Best Uptime- The best thing that I love about HostGator is their uptime. In almost a year of using their shared hosting service, I just have faced downtime of around an hour. It makes the uptime around 99.99% throughout the year.
- Good Customer Support- HostGator provides almost every kind of customer support, such as knowledge base, email, phone, and live chat. I tried contacting them through call and live chat, and I was pretty impressed with them. I got a call connected with their team within a minute, and he was very comfortable talking with me. It seems they have a knowledgeable, well trained, and friendly staff, which is good.
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee- Unlike many others, HostGator offers a 45 days money back guarantee, and it is applicable for all plans with a minimum of 6 months period.
- Different Billing Periods- HostGator offers a very flexible billing period to choose from. You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods; though the yearly periods gives you great discounts.
- Free Migration- Not so many web hosts offer free site migration, but HostGator is not one of them. It offers a free site migration for their new customers without any cost during the first 30 days of sign up.
- Good Page Speed- HostGator has optimized its servers to give a good performance. If you can optimize your site, you can easily get page speed between 300ms-500ms, which is good.
- No Free Domains- We have seen a lot of web host that provides free domain with every new sign up. But HostGator doesn’t offer any free domain registration; even if you are a new customer.
- Aggressive Upselling- You need to check what services you are buying during the signup. Don’t go for a pre-selected list of services. If you’re not sure about anything, uncheck them. However, if you need them later, you can add it.